The Hippodrome provides internship opportunities for students and young professionals interested in working with at-risk students in a creative environment. Education Interns will work with Prevention and Theatre Specialists to deliver the Hippodrome Improvisational Teen Theatre (HITT), an award winning arts-based prevention program.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work directly with prevention specialists and theatre specialists on the Hippodrome Improvisational Teen Theatre sessions at different schools/different times/multiple days
- Assist with scheduling tours/planning sessions/daily attendance for H.I.T.T. sites
- Assist with basic data entry
- Aide in copying and compiling of departmental paperwork
- Assist with correspondence
- Assist with Spring Break-A-Leg camp and Summer Spectacular Program
Job Skill Requirements:
- Strong theatre background
- Interest in working with and teaching youth
- Improvisational performance and production skills
- Flexibility and multitasking a must
To apply, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include ‘Education Internship’ in the subject line.
For more information: http://www.thehipp.org.